In 1783 two brothers, George and
established a glass-making factory. It produced
items of such quality and style that in the Great
Exhibition in 1851 in London, they became
world famous. Sadly the depression hit them and
the factory closed. It was revived again in 1947
and now the glass with its hand blown and deeply
cut patterns is again world famous and one of
Ireland's major exports.
several other factories have opened too and
most have their factory shops. Some are
Tyrone Crystal at Dungannon, Cavan
Crystal and Galway Crystal.
Back to An Irish Patchwork